Senior Web Developer Vacancy
OPUS Cambodia - Company Details
OPUS Cambodia is an online marketing and communications firm, specialising in marketing solutions that create value for our clients. We know what you want from your marketing investment and have the expertise and creative know-how to deliver these results.
Logos and taglines; visual brand guidelines and company profiles; website design and development; Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and content management; graphic design and copywriting – we will take care of your needs while you concentrate on your own core operations.
Using the latest technology coupled with creative market approaches, we have and continue to successfully provide quality service.
OPUS Cambodia is expanding and is looking for a highly experienced and motivated Senior Web Developer to compliment our expert team.
We are a fast paced Marketing and Communications firm, specialising in Online Marketing services, including the design, development and maintenance of websites.
The chosen candidate will work on small to large projects, building websites from scratch and altering and maintaining existing websites.
You will have the opportunity to work on several leading Open Source CMS frameworks and customise websites for successful businesses and organisations.
You will work in a small team of proven professionals creating customised solutions for business and organisational clients based in Cambodia, North America, Europe and elsewhere.
We are constantly learning and adopting new technologies and techniques.
OPUS is a great environment for building on already competent skills.
Please do not apply for this position if you do not have the following criteria:
- 3+ years experience building custom websites with PHP on open source CMS platforms.
- Expert level PHP and MySQL
- The ability to create fully customised WordPress Themes and Joomla! Templates from scratch to match provided designs. (Extensive experience creating Joomla! templates and WordPress themes from scratch using HTML5 and CSS3)
- Backend and frontend experience with Joomla!, WordPress and other CMS platforms (particularly extensive experience developing state of the art websites using the Joomla! framework)
- Experience at cross browser testing and W3C validation
- Professional level spoken and written English – you will work primarily in English and need to be able to provide clear written instructions to overseas clients.
- Proficient at searching for, finding and implementing solutions
- Hard Working and presentable
- Intelligent with good ideas
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Someone who enjoys discovering new tools and techniques and sharing knowledge with team members
- Willingness and availability to work overtime when required. Either on Saturday mornings and/or weekday evenings.
- Experience with Drupal, Typo 3 and other CMS frameworks is a plus.
- Ability to accurately implement a design provided in InDesign, Illustrator or PhotoShop formats.
- Knowledge in any of the following is a bonus: Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, C, C++, Linux, XML, Secure programming, Netbeans, Eclipse, Firebug, Grid 960, Subversion.
- Strong general knowledge of Web Development and IT is a plus.
- Experience working with project deadlines, within a structured time frame, recording times taken for particular tasks.
- Excellent code comment discipline.
- SEO knowledge is a plus.
- Experience supervising other developers/team members is a plus.
- Experience coding with PHP Frameworks such as Codeignitor, Cake.
- Experience using HTML5 Frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation
Negotiable – if you can do all of the above at a high level you will be paid well!
How to Apply
- Write a brief cover letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this specific role at OPUS.
- Include a shortlist of examples of work you have done that tie in specifically with the types of websites that OPUS builds. Give explanations of the tasks you carried out and the roles others played in the project.
- Please do not send copies of any certificates or any other documents not specified above.
From Team OPUS.