SEO/SMO and Reporting Officer
OPUS Cambodia is expanding and is looking for an intelligent and motivated professional to assist in the analysis and execution of our increasing number of ongoing SEO projects.
We are a fast paced Marketing and Communications firm, specialising in Online Marketing services, including consultancy, strategy development and ongoing campaign and website management.
The successful candidate will work on existing and new campaigns, regularly monitoring and taken action on our clients' SEO and SMO needs.
You will have the opportunity to work with clients in a variety of industries in various markets around the world. You will work in a small team of proven professionals creating customised solutions for business and organisational clients based in Cambodia, North America, Europe and elsewhere.
You will primarily work from our office in Phnom Penh.
We are constantly learning and adopting new technologies and techniques.
OPUS is a great environment for building on already competent skills.
Role – Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage and execute SEO and other online marketing project tasks.
- Perform keyword, competitive and link building research for client specific markets.
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations as part of ongoing SEO projects.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Administer search engine programs and analytical tools to compile regular SEO reports.
- Help to create and edit content and manage content created by third parties.
- Plan and implement link building campaigns in line with SEO campaign goals.
- Assist in development and execution of communication and content strategies through social communities, press releases and other media and tools.
- Keep up-to-date with SEO, search engines, social media and internet marketing industry news and trends.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
- Assist in the ongoing development of operational processes for online marketing and SEO projects.
- Assist in seeking and developing opportunities for new SEO/SMO clients.
- Work closely with the other team members to meet client and internal project goals.
- Deliver reports to clients and pitch campaign ideas and strategies.
- Pitch proposed SEO/SEM project scopes and service details to potential clients.
Please do not apply for this position if you do not have the following criteria:
- Fluent English (Native English speaker is a preferred).
- Ability to speak in Khmer is a plus. Other languages also.
- Experience in creating reports for business.
- Experience with search and web analytics tools and understanding of such data.
- Background in online marketing and / or internet advertising.
- 2+ years in a professional role in business.
- Keen understanding of search marketing and social media
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Understand the need for originality in content and how to avoid plagiarism
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A matter-of-fact approach when ideas are rejected.
- The ability to balance work on several projects at a time
- Proven ability to be able to create a project brief, accurately estimate project times and costs and identify and work within limitations and assumptions for specific project items.
- Clear and positive communicator.
- Team player with the ability work alone on smaller projects.
- Understanding of needs, abilities, tools and goals of related project workers such as web developers, content creators, graphic designers and other marketing professionals.
- Willing to work overtime on holidays if required.
- Strong MS Office skills.
Other Criteria Work Details
- Passion for SEO, Social Media and internet marketing.
- Hands on experience of applications such as Google Analytics, Moz, SEMRush, Link Detective and Screaming Frog with proven record of using these reporting tools to implement changes and meet campaign goals is a plus.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Focused and disciplined when dealing with large amounts of data.
- Occasional client calls at night will be required in order to manage projects with our clients in North America and Europe.
- Experience in professional writing for company profiles and marketing materials is a plus
- Experience adding content to websites built on popular CMS frameworks such as WordPress and Joomla!.
- An understanding of the design and technical requirements, standards and best practices of website development is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
The right candidate will receive a benefit package to suit the value they bring to the company.
How to Apply
- Shortlisted candidates will be a sent a questionnaire to be answered and returned in short copy.
- A selection of candidates that answer the questionnaire adequately will be invited for first level interviews.
- Candidates that perform well in the first level interviews may be invited to return for practical tests and second level interviews.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response to their application.