Graphic Design Vacancy
OPUS Cambodia is expanding and is looking for a skilled, intelligent and motivated professional to lead in the planning and execution of design tasks required for the various project types we carry out for our clients.
We are a fast paced Marketing and Communications firm, specialising in online marketing, print and digital advertising and corporate identity services, including creative, consultancy, strategy development and ongoing campaign and website management.
A professional graphic designer with high level skills and experience in design for digital, web, corporate identity, print, packaging and other media and materials used in marketing, advertising and communications.
You will work on a variety of client and internal projects within a small dedicated team of excellent professionals.
Most of our project work is for clients based in other countries, giving opportunities for exposure to the varying triggers that will cause people to act in different markets and industries.
- Conceptualise, draft, design and deliver artwork for web, corporate identity, print, and various other medias.
- Meet with colleagues and clients to discuss the business objectives and requirements of a project
- Interpret the client's needs and develop concepts to suit their goals and markets
- Estimate times required to complete the project tasks and list any assumptions or limitations in meeting those targets
- Develop design briefs by gathering information from the team, client and from research
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Manage a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
- Present finalised ideas and concepts to colleagues or clients – proactively pitch ideas and options
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography, graphics, web and clips of audio and video
- Proofread, test and quality check to ensure accurate and high-quality output.
- Contribute ideas and design artwork to project briefs managed by colleagues
- Demonstrate early concepts with rough sketches and/or storyboards
- Create design and layouts and artwork pages ready for print
- Keep abreast of emerging methods, technologies and approaches in new media, particularly design programs, web and social media
- Develop interactive design and design for web
- Help in the commissioning of third party printers, illustrators, photographers and other related service providers
- Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, managers, web developers and marketing specialists.
The following details are prerequisites to applying for this position. Please do not apply unless you meet these requirements.
- Professional design qualification
- Minimum of 4 years experiencing working in a dedicated graphic design role. At least 2 of those years working for a firm providing clients with services involving graphic design.
- Expert experience using recent versions of Adobe Creative Suite applications Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Proven ability to apply skills creatively to a wide range of project types for a variety of markets.
- Extensive web design experience with a sound knowledge of modern standards, methods and approach.
- Sound knowledge of design requirements for print, digital and other common media.
- Exceptional creative flair and design
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Understand the need for originality and how to avoid plagiarism
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in pitching project scopes and design ideas to colleagues and clients.
- A matter-of-fact approach when ideas or designs are rejected.
- The ability to balance work on several projects at a time
- Proven ability to be able to create a project brief, accurately estimate project times and costs and identify and work within limitations and assumptions for specific project items.
- Fluent English – both written and spoken
- A confident and effective communicator and team player – you will need to effectively communicate project needs and ideas with colleagues, clients and third parties.
- Willing to work outside normal working hours and days on occasion when clients needs demand it.
- Be someone who enjoys working with others, at times under pressure and with a flexible attitude required to get any project completed at a high level of quality and within project constraints.
- Have up-to-date contact details for identifiable top-management or company owner referees from most recent positions.
The following aspects are beneficial to the role and having these will help qualify you for the position.
- Ability to speak in Khmer is a plus. Other languages also.
- Understanding of needs, abilities, tools and goals of related project workers such as web developers, content creators, search engine optimisers, social media managers and marketing consultants.
- Willing to work overtime on holidays if required.
- Proven working track record of professionalism, loyalty, honesty and flexibility.
Salary and Benefits
The right candidate will receive a benefit package to suit the value they bring to the company.
How to Apply
- Shortlisted candidates will be a sent a questionnaire to be answered and returned in short copy.
- A selection of candidates that answer the questionnaire adequately will be invited for first level interviews.
- Candidates that perform well in the first level interviews may be invited to return for practical tests and second level interviews.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response to their application.